- Slide 0
- Slide 1
- Slide 2
- Slide 3
Welcome to M-STEM
The M-STEM Academies spans the first two undergraduate years starting with a pre-freshman year summer program. Some of the benefits of the program include:
- A head-start on preparing for the U-M academic experience
- A supportive community of like-minded scholars
- Exposure to the vast numbers of professional opportunities in science, engineering, and mathematics
- Academic and professional skill development
- Hands-on undergraduate research opportunities
- Academic coaching in addition to advising
- Access to scholarship and internship information
Our experience, supported by national data, indicates that participation in a summer transition program, followed by comprehensive robust support throughout the academic year, increases academic excellence. The M-STEM Academies are designed to simultaneously build upon students’ strengths while customizing services so that all M-STEM students will be able to fully experience and benefit from the scope, scholarship, and scale of the University.
- Respect for history
- Responsibility for the M-STEM Legacy
- Responsibility to the M-STEM Family
- Responsibility to the Community
- Leadership and "Followership"
- Team Excellence
- Individual Excellence
- Thirst for Knowledge
With the M-STEM Academies being a joint program between the College of Engineering (CoE) and the College of LSA (LSA), our cohort of students call either LSA or CoE their home college complete with its own programmatic requirements. As a result, we are comprised of two smaller academies aligned with each college: M-Engin (CoE) and M-Sci (LSA). Throughout the five-week summer program, students in both academies will live together and have numerous opportunities for joint programming. However, there are a number of activities specific to each academy, with other functional differences as well. To learn more see each program's respective homepages.